Sunday 13 May 2007

The quickest way to make money - part 5

The quickest way to make money is to SAVE money - this has been the theme here for the last 5 days, you can see the previous posts here or by selecting the quick search term 'debt' in the sidebar:

the final offering in this series will talk about other ways of saving money other than the major theme of the previous 4 days (abandoning the credit card).

My starting point for money-saving has been the Money Saving Expert website - this is geared towards UK money savers, but the content here is priceless to anyone. Martin has all sorts of advice to offer, and for the UK market, comparisons of all utility services (gas, electric, phone) to give you some pointers as to whether you should think about changing service providers.
You don't need to do too much research because Martin has teams of researchers doing it all for you. If you are not based in the UK, then you should take steps to investigate how much you can save on your current outgoings for these type of services (where there are alternatives). In the last 6 months I have changed my Gas and Electric provider, my telephone and internet services provider. I have continued to search for bargains and have found how I can cut in half my already very low website hosting bill.
The message of this series has been:
1) by all means seek out new income (from paid to blog or whatever scheme you choose) but
2) don't forget to make sure that you are not spending money that you don't need to as this could easily wipe out your extra income.
I may make $100 in May by blogging, but by changing four of my service providers I will also SAVE $100 in May, and by transferring my debt to a 0% credit card I will actually saved another $100 in just one month. there is no reason why you too, if you employ some of the priciples in these 5 articles cannot be $200 better off each month, and if you start blogging like me, you will easily be able to make it $300 a month.


No comments: