Thursday 17 May 2007

Making hay while the sun shines


Well yesterday was an odd day for posting… I slipped up firstly because I saw a few days ago that there were three new opps in PPP with $8-$10 rewards (that’s about the most I usually get offered for posts on a PR2 blog). I figured that I would select them over the next week or so – That was my mistake… I logged in the next day, and although they were potentially long-running campaigns, they had already disappeared - I guess the quota of ads had been taken by all those eager PR2 bloggers out there…
At the same time I decided to investigate PPP TOS (terms of service) – see below .. and discovered that you can actually publish three PPP opps per day (if you post other stuff in between).

I hadn’t planned to go down the multi-post route, but had visited PPP and found two NEW opps for $8 and £10, so I naturally started on the better-paid one.
I completed the post, did all the research and added in a media file only to find that when I went to ‘accept’ the offer, I got re-directed out of the PPP website. This happened at least three times, so I thought I would leave that post in ‘drafts’ and see if I could do the other one.

I completed the second post after extensive research and much creative thinking (!) and that one went through fine. I got on with the job of re-writing my ready-prepared draft of the days’ personal post, and when I had finished, I went back to PPP to see what changes had taken place (I logged a ‘ticket’ about the faulty ‘accept’ URL). I tried the same offer again and this time it worked – with no further ado, I published my already completed post, added in the widgets and had two PPP ads up and running on the same day. This left me with having to create another personal post, so I completed another post in order that there was no chance of having two PPP ads sitting next to each other.

Lessons learned:

  • PPP have an ever-changing range of offers – call back often

  • These offers are taken quickly – take what you can while you can

  • Have several ready-made personal posts in ‘drafts’ or stored somewhere so you can ‘whip em out’ when you need to pad your ads out…



No comments: