Monday 7 May 2007

Keywords and hyperlinks for cash...

I guess, some visitors to this site may reasonably ask: What constitutes a good paid to blog entry?
My own strategy tip is to research to subject of the post as thoroughly as possible in about 5 or 10 minutes, copying relevant paragraphs from the subject website and pasting them into a single WORD document. I then print off the page and paraphrase the main points and look for an ‘angle’ (ie. work out the tone and direction of the post). I ‘compose’ my post in another WORD document where I can make use of the ‘word count’ feature (I like to post at least 100 words). I usually try to get at least three links in and I try to include a picture or logo, just to give it a finishing touch. I make sure every post contains good grammar and spelling, but is that important?
The short answer is NO. I have seen accepted posts which have bad grammar, bad spelling and sometimes barely making sense.
So what is important? Put simply. Keywords and hyperlinks will probably get you an accepted post almost regardless of the actual content.
So why make the effort? Well, all your posts say something about you, and I would rather my posts made me look like someone who takes care over their ‘work’.Don’t get me wrong, this is not a rant against badly written posts, just the opposite. What I am saying is that despite the fact that I have a bit of pride in my work, you don’t NEED to. Maybe there are some advertisers who will favour good style, but so far I think Keywords and Hyperlinks are what pays the bills.


No comments: