Monday 10 May 2010

The plan is coming together

I am so pleased with my new hosting package that I am planning all sorts of changes including a new Livewyre.NET button badge... Livewyre.NET is my main domain which all my projects will link back to. This badge will effectively be the trade-mark that appears on all my sites. My long-term plan is to move all the content onto a Wordpress platform - I don't plan to move my blogger blogs at all, but the option is always there...
I now have a comprehensive package for domain registration and webhosting which I believe is a world-beater in terms of pricing, and I will post about these separately over the next few days. In the meantime, I am clearing out some defunct affiliates and will be replacing them with affiliates for my hosting & registration services - the beauty of these affiliates is that I am confident that they genuinely offer great value - which to be fair, is not always the case with affiliates (especially the better-paying ones).
Major changes (including moving domains and hosting packages) always come with their fair share of problems and traumas and I will be also talking about how I have overcome the problems of uploading (via FTP) to a new host that requires Secure Shell encryption (SSH) when your copy of Dreamweaver doesn't use SSH...!

No comments: