Thursday 27 May 2010

Cheap webhosts and domain registrars

During this month, I am going to be posting about the domain services I am using, this is mainly because I have just gone through a period of changing all my hosting around so that I am getting a better deal.
My new strategy is to treat domain registration and webhosting as separate things because webhosts (even though they sometimes offer one domain for free) are not usually the best people to offer cheap domain registration, and the best domain registrars do not offer the cheapest webhosting.
I have had a couple of UK hosting services because I started with UK domains, then discovered that the best service for registering gobal domain names (.com, .info etc...) is GoDaddy, the best service for registering UK domains is 1and1, and the best webhosting package is from Webhostingpad.
These individual companies offer the best value for money for those who aready have multiple domains, or are thinking of adding domains to their portfolio.
I have been able to save myself a lot of money by taking steps to ensure I have the best cost-effective solutions, and would encourage all my readers and friends to do the same. Click on the links above to find the individual posts about each company.

No comments: