Tuesday 25 May 2010

My new hosting plan


I am delighted with how my new hosting package is working out at the moment. I have managed to get an unlimited package which allows me to host as many sites as I like all for a single price. I can also add subdomains which makes it easy for testing sites before buying a domain name - I have even found that it is relatively easy to get a subdomain listed in Google results, so I can test out SEO techniques on my subdomains too. The whole package is administered via a Cpanel dashboard which gives me full control over domains and subdomains, MYSQL databases (also unlimited) and FTP and file handling.
[note the screen-shot showing a bandwidth of 100000MB, disk space of 10GB, and databases, suddomains and FTP accounts etc... all going up to infinity...!]
I was previously paying about £25 a year for site hosting (per site) I have moved two domains to my new package which will save me £50. The costs for my unlimited hosting package will not cost me anywhere near £50 a year, and I can just keep adding domains as I feel like it.
I am using 'livewyre.net' as my main domain, and have found it ridiculously simple to add sub-domains for site testing, I also plan to add domains for my friends who are only using the email part of their domains and have not constructed a website as yet. I am now contemplating extra domains to support the various projects that I am working on at the moment.
I wrote about the services that I use for hosting and domain registration on livewyre.net, if you want to find out how you can get a similar deal, visit the link above...or the banner below:

No comments: