Wednesday 19 May 2010

Domain registration

When you start your first website, it is quite natural that you will have a combined domain registration and webhosting package, especially as many hosts will include domain registration for free. As you develop your ideas and branch out and experiment with new sites, you quickly discover that this can be a very expensive way of operating.
My preferred method is to see domain registration and webhosting as two entirely separate services and buy them from different sources. I have written about the services that I use on this blog and on Livewyre.net - I created a new page all about the cheapest webhosting and domain registration packages (click on the link). Besides the unlimited webhosting package that I am now using, I also have two domain registration services that I use, GoDaddy for iinternational domains, and 1and1 for UK domains. If you are using UK domains, you could do yourself a favour by having your domains hosted by 1 and 1 - my .co.uk domains are costing just £2.99 a year!

No comments: