Sunday 10 October 2010

The winter cold creeps in..

We are just starting to get those really crisp cold mornings, indicating that winter is certainly creeping up on us. After one false start with the central heating, I fear it has been switched on now for the duration - I even had to buy a new timer for our boiler as the old one kept forgetting the time...
Now is the time to buy vitamins and ingredients for soups, a time for thinking about warm woolly clothing and extra blankets on the duvet. On the whole I quite like winter, at least in it's early stages - I even like snow, although we get little enough of it. It's the freezing winds and lashing rain that I can't really get to grips with. However, until we can afford a permanent home in the Caribbean, or some other warmer clime, I'm afraid we're stuck with UK weather...

No comments: