Thursday 28 October 2010

eBay Partnership

I had a go at eBay affiliates a long time ago, but didn't really get anywhere with it - I recently signed up again, this time directly with the eBay Partnership. I had an idea for a website that would be suitable for this type of advertising, and sure enough in a very short time, got some returns. Since then the goal-posts have been moved a little, firstly a minimum payout was imposed (£25 - or 25 of whatever your home currency is), secondly there was a patch when earnings flat-lined. I am not sure what the glitch was, but it inspired me to change the existing flash-adverts that I had, and within days the earnings came back online... I have lost a couple of months earnings with this glitch, but at this stage it is nothing too dramatic.
This is a revenue stream that I would like to exploit in the future, so getting to grips with it now is helping to form my future plans.
In short, the scheme allows me to place contextual, graphical eBay ads directly into my pages - the site I have built assumes that the visitor will be interested in the eBay adverts, and sure enough, they seem to attract enough interest to prove worthwhile. Again, like the paid to post schemes, given time, this is a model that I could repeat using similar themes with slight variations to capture different search terms/keywords. Right now, this site on which I use the eBay partnership ranks extremely highly for it's niche keyword - this keyword when used as an eBay search shows adverts which interest the visitors, some pages in the site have more specific keywords and again, the adverts shown on the page match perfectly with the page content.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for bloggers, but if you think your site could be used to drive traffic to eBay, it's worth thinking about signing up.

No comments: