Monday 4 October 2010

In the groove


The current furrow of internet earnings that I am ploughing has not changed much over the last 12 months or so. It consists of a smattering of tape to CD conversions which are supplemented by earnings from PayU2blog. I have a small recurring revenue from fixed adverts on a website, and every three or four months, there is the Adsense payout.
That more or less sums up where the money comes from. It doesn't pay to keep ploughing the same furrow for too long on the internet because the sands are always shifting. I want to open up new revenue streams, but as ever , the time to put everything into place just isn't there. More and more I am finding commitments in the 'real' world have a big impact on progress in the internet world.
This reiterates what I have always said about internet earnings, ie. you CAN make a small income, but you will have to work harder than you would at your 'day job' to get far less rewards. However, if you hit a rich stream of revenue, you may be in a position to be one of the few exceptions to this rule.
I am still looking for that rich stream....

No comments: