Saturday 16 October 2010

Gadgets

I remember that my first ever digital mobile phone was a Samsung. I think that was probably the first time I had come across the brand, but yesterday I was browsing for cheap netbooks and the brand cropped up again. We are thinking of offering a netbook with some products that we sell at work. The netbook would need to be inexpensive, but at the same time, it would have to be a recognisable quality brand. Samsung is one of those brands that is reliable and offers every-day usable no-nonsense quality - that phone I had was certainly well constructed. At the same time, it is not one of those brands that has 'fashion' value, where the manufacturer relies on the goodwill associated with the brand to charge extra. Apple is certainly one company that is not frightened to charge extra because of the strength of the brand image. Personally, I do not buy 'image' as it has no real value, I prefer to buy 'functionality' and 'quality' where it is on offer...

No comments: