Thursday 7 October 2010

Getting in Early

I have decided to put my internet earnings to good use this year by seeing how many presents I can get online using PayPal. Using this method could ensure that the financial impact of Christmas will be minimal come December. We have already 'invested' in a games console for the 'family' Christmas gift using online payments, and I am now looking around for a bargain ipod touch for another gift. I do like the idea of a hand held device that includes so much functionality. I am especially intrigued by web browsing facilities, as well as the emerging arena of applications that could make life so much easier including features such as calendar and phone book.
The beauty of using internet earnings for presents is that the money never quite seems 'real', also buying stuff for presents on websites fulfills the 'shopping desire' to a degree and prevents me spending so much on my own 'toys'...
I have to acknowledge, that even as a male, I do experience pleasure from making purchases, there is a danger that this can become in itself a reason to buy. At least if I am buying presents, then I am less likely to make frivolous purchases (If I say that enough times, I may even start to believe it!).

No comments: