Saturday 28 February 2009

The cold snap is still with us

We had had a few days of snow this winter which is more than we have seen for a few years now. Personally I love it when it snows especially when everything grinds to a halt, and fondly remember the heavy winter snowfalls we used to have when I was a kid.
Winter for me is a time of cosy fireplaces, heated mattress pads, and hot drinks with the occasional excursion into the garden to play snowballs or build a snowman. Now that I live reasonably close to the coast, we rarely get snow, and when it comes it is often gone within hours.
We are still experiencing some winter cold, but the chance of any more snow is getting slimmer by the day. The only drawback to the cold for me is the aches and pains of middle age which are accentuated by the winter, and relieved with the afore-mentioned heated pads.

No comments: