Sunday 8 February 2009

Make some savings

In this tight financial climate it makes sense to try and make savings wherever you can. My list of priorities for savings have included:
  • Searching for the best deals on power (domestic electricity and gas)
  • Using the car less than normal
  • Looking for the best deals on auto insurance quotes
  • Making my own lunch rather than buying lunch and snacks every day
In fact every way in which I spend money has been examined and pared to the bone over the last few years, my ultimate aim is to be debt-free and start building up some money for the future. I have managed to limit my 'frivolous' spending to the extra money that I have made online.
We have to 'treat' ourselves from time to time otherwise we lose focus on what we are trying to achieve - much of my online earnings go into Paypal, so I tend to limit spending on myself to things that can be purchased with Paypal funds, mostly via eBay.

No comments: