Tuesday 17 February 2009

What price a blog-post?

Well at the risk of being seen as a complete Pariah by Google, I admittedly have on the odd occasion blogged for cash... But the question is how much cash should we demand? The days of great paid blogging rewards were brief in my experience - I don't know how much John Chow commands these days, but I thing the glory days are a thing of the past since Google took a dim view of paid blogging. I have always argued that paid adverts are part of the internet and Google itself sells advertising space on it's search results. I think there is room for bloggers to sell space if there are willing buyers without having to have their PageRank automatically wiped, but then what do I know??
On the subject of how much, I guess you have to factor in what you could make if you spent your time doing something else, and how desperate you are to make a few bucks. I have drawn the line at overly-demanding posts at less than $5. I would probably do text-link for that much, but not a time-consuming post with three links and 200 words...
How about you? what are your limits??
I am encouraged that Blogsvertise appears to have come back on line this month offering the chance to extend beyond the $60 that I made in January. I am feeling the pinch and have seriously considered funding my eBay purchases with my 'own' money this month. I remain hopeful of the return of paid posts to keep me in the manner to which I have become accustomed - It's not so long ago that I was taking out $100 a month AND spending $100 a month on eBay toys...

No comments: