Tuesday 24 July 2007

Spybot - Search & Destroy


Spybot is one of my favourite pieces of free software, it is an anti-spyware program with loads of extra features. Like all my favourites, it offers free updates and is really easy to use. I should add here that I recommend using two anti-spyware programs, as I have not yet found ONE that finds absolutely everything... This does not mean that the software doesn't work properly, only that the different programs on offer, place different emphases on types of spyware intrusion, and will come up with different results. I have used all the major ones and I have concluded that the 'belt and braces' approach of two programs tends to cover most of the bases most of the time. Keep reading the posts as I will probably recommend three anti-spyware programs at least, all of which I use in different combinations on different computers. I always use two, and I always use Spybot!

3 comments:

Linky Love said...

Add to that other free programs like: adaware and if you are a bit savvy hijackthis (the latter has lot of geek support, so they do all the crazy interpretations if needed!).

Cross fingers is my second best protection :-)

jay said...

I have used hijackthis and this will no doubt form part of my helpful free software posts... I have not really used it since switching to XP though..

jay said...

Same with Adaware - I am composing a post for that - I loaded the latest version yesterday, but it crashed...