Tuesday 17 July 2007

Mailwasher


In an effort to be helpful this month, I am posting about different free software that I have used. Todays useful free software is 'MailWasher' from Firetrust which intercepts your emails to filter out spam mail. I have only been using it a couple of days, but have noticed that it's really easy to set up and seems to work very effectively. Since my proper website has been getting more traffic, I am also getting a lot more spam than I used to...I just see it as a measure of success in a way, but having a piece of software protecting my inbox is now becoming essential.
The free version has limited functionality, but is a good indication of how the proper version works - Mailwasher Pro is able to automatically filter and flag up spam, delete or bounce it back. Even the free version is able to flag up mail from known spam domains. If this sounds like something you would find useful, why not give it a try, like all the software I will be posting about in the series - it's free!

No comments: