Saturday 21 July 2007

AVG anti-virus


AVG is one of the worst-kept secrets on the internet today... almost everyone who mentions anti-virus on the internet will probably be using AVG from Grisoft.
Why? because it's the best you can get for free and probably as good as anything you would normally pay for. I started using it years ago when I had trouble upgrading my copy of Norton Anti-Virus, and have not looked back since....
If you choose just one piece of free software from the series on free software that I will be posting this month, this is THE ONE to get...
It has an easy to use front panel, and best of all, it can be set to automatically download updates and automatically run an anti-virus scan. Once you have installed it, the chances are you won't have to touch it again and it will always be up to date with the latest virus alerts.
Not only does it scan your PC for viruses and detect viruses in Windows Explorer, it will also automatically check all of your incoming and outgoing emails for viruses too. As far as I am concerned AVG rocks! and I am only too happy to give them a free advert...

No comments: