Thursday 10 March 2011

What makes a good Blogger?

I don't claim to be any sort of expert, but when I look back, I realise that I have been blogging for four years now - and have five blogs, so that must count for something... On this blog alone (admittedly this is the blog on which I am most 'prolific'), I have passed the 1000 post mark... I have done more than 830 posts over the other 4 blogs - all hosted by 'blogger' by the way.

I think I would claim to be a good blogger, without going so far as to claim to be anything more, but I have learned what attributes are required to be good at this game:

  • Writing skills - keeping typos and grammatical errors to a minimum helps to create the right impression.
  • Creativity - being able to write with a unique 'voice'.
  • Opinions - being able to make an argument without being so extreme as to lose sight of fair judgment.
  • Consistency - consistent themes and standards that mark out your blog as both unique and worthy of scrutiny.

These are by no means the exhaustive list, and I also don't claim to have them all in abundance - but if you are planning to use a blog for making money online, you should at least understand these principles, because if it just all about the money, it just won't last.

No comments: