Sunday 11 November 2007

Paid to blog

I became aware recently that the anchor text 'paid to blog' was starting to have an effect in search engines sending far more traffic to this blog than any other search term. This has prompted me to re-write my 'about' post so that new visitors can readily access good information relating to paid to post specifically.

The 'about' post can be accessed via the button in the side-bar, and it is logical to assume that new visitors may well click on this button. Realising that this particular search term was actively driving new visitors to this blog, made me think that I really need to provide information on that topic immediately otherwise the newly found traffic may just drift away.

My blogging tip for today is to use traffic analysis (Google Analytics is free!) to establish the search terms that new visitors are using to find your site, and then make sure that there is something relevant for them to click on straight away when they arrive full of expectation.

No comments: