Tuesday 13 November 2007

New Community Site

Here's a new social site 'iContactCommunity' that I'm just getting to grips with...

It seems to be a massive resource with thousands of online articles, some are newsletters, some are more like adverts. I am reminded initially of 'Digg' as you get to vote on your favourite articles, but it is also like 'sqidoo' in that your articles are hosted online rather than on your own website or blog. You also get to drop comments against the articles too. I think it would certainly be worth investigating as a place to promote a website or blog, or just get your opinion out there...

The articles themselves are wide and varied, for instance I am interested in Premier League football, so I entered the term 'Premier League' and the top result was a simple two-line post about the Man United Arsenal match last week.

I clicked on the art section and discovered something startling: an art event where 'Mr Matisse will be painting during the evening...'. Now as far as I can work out Henri Matisse should be approaching 140 years old... but it turns out his grandson Pierre does a bit of painting too!

All-in-all, this looks like a prime spot to promote a website, an event, a product/service or organisation.

No comments: