Wednesday 21 April 2010

These no longer work for me...

PPP - sorry, they are dead in the water - 'offering' jobs for $1.50 which you are not guaranteed to be accepted for is not the sort of level I want to be operating at after three years of paid blogging - anything from the IZEA stable now falls into this category - their systems are flashy but not really geared towards serious revenue for participants.
I would also venture to suggest that the re-birth of dNeero was indeed the false dawn that I started to suspect - a fourth conversation received today exactly the same scenario as the previous two... basically someone using the service to try and get dNeeroites to plug their referral codes for a 'paid to' site for precisly no repayment. There must be some mugs who are doing this...but really...why would you??
I have kept two surveys on just until I reach payout - these are decent services but still take too long to reach payout - I do every survey I can for these two, but honestly they are all throwaway at the end of the day - too much time, so little chance of getting any rewards...
...and that brings me finally to MyLot (note. I am not putting my referral in here), this is a great service if you like to chat, discuss and even argue! but at the end of the day very low earnings that take an age to build up... It's no scam by any means - it's a very enjoyable site, but the time could be better spent promoting sites or doing more or less anything to be honest. I have learned valuable things from MyLot friends and will miss them, but not enough to go back...
So these are some of the decisions I have come to lately, I will no longer participate in time-consuming, low-yield sites and services - cutting these out will free up my time for the projects that I want to push forwards once my hosting issues have been sorted out.

2 comments:

The Knowledge Lady said...

A lot of the paid to blog companies have gone down the tubes. When PPP changed last year and asked me if I wanted to stay with them or not I had them remove all the blogs I had with them. SS is not much better and work through them is maybe one post a month. I see that you have steady work with PU2B and they seem to be the only ones paying good money now. Smorty died nearly 2 years ago.

The real money in blogging is promoting your own stuff, either ebooks, seminars or how-to stuff. I might be doing seminars in the near future with a college professor.

Best of luck with your paid to blog gigs. It might pick up if the economy does.

jay said...

I agree on all counts - there is some (small) amounts to be made for paid blogging, but other income streams are very much required. I also happen to think that things may pick up, but I am also aware that things shift quickly on the 'net - what pays today, may not pay tomorrow...