Wednesday 7 April 2010

End of the Year

OK this might not be the end of the year for most individuals, but in the UK, this is the end of the tax year - the current (2009-2010) tax year runs to 5th April 2010 and I have just registered for 'self-assessment' on line...
I aim to be amongst the first to declare my (online) income as there is not a lot to report, it is all listed out in my spreadsheet, and I like to get things done in a timely manner. My first year of official online earnings has yielded £825 (in the region of about $1200) or so, a modest start, but a welcome addition to income nonetheless. I definitely intend to make some investments this 'year' and the first will be my new hosting plan which I have been considering for some considerable time. I am already thinking of sites that I can host for friends and new sites that I can build. I am half-way through revamping one of my main sites (offline) and am seriously considering social networks for promotion of my services. I am on several mailing lists, many which have recently been telling me that I need to use facebook and twitter to promote sites. I know in my heart of hearts that it is a solid idea, but it has not been until now that I have started to see the real potential of how I can engage with people using these sites.
I am planning to launch twitter and facebook services to co-incide with the re-vamp of my site, if it works out, I may launch another 'project' on Facebook and Twitter too - I feel like I am properly embracing 'online' for the first time even though I have been 'at it' for three years!

No comments: