Wednesday 28 April 2010

Content Management

There is no doubt that CMS (Content Management Systems) are the way to go especially where you are hosting a site for someone who has little technical internet know-how. Of all the CMS software out there, Wordpress is one of the very best - but setting a site up is where all the hard work comes in. My new hosting service should give me the option of setting up multiple sites in Wordpress format, I hope to work out how to get a WP site up and running and then get a domain to point at it. Once I have mastered that art, I might be tempted to move all my blogs to this format.
Having said that, although I believe WP is a better, more flexible system, the most important thing for a blog in my opinion is content. Combining content with an aesthetically pleasing layout is a great combo, but placing appearance over content is a non-starter.
I have also had a look at Joomla as an alternative to WP, and honestly can see very little difference between the two. The deciding factor for me is the fact that there are so many bloggers using WP, and so many plug-ins available, I reckon there is a better support structure for this platform.

No comments: