Thursday 8 April 2010

The Latest Thing


I am afraid I could never be accused of being an 'early adopter' and have only recently come to appreciate the joys of a Nintendo DS.... I am aware of 'PlayStation' and even knew there was a PlayStation2, or indeed 'ps2' as they cool kids call them. However, before I have even caught up with the original PlayStation, there is already a ps3 in the shops....
I tend to have two opposing views about this type of technology: On the one hand, when you play them, the gameplay is extraordinarily good, on the other hand - some people do not know when to STOP playing and START engaging with reality. I am all for a certain amount of 'play' being part of the normal routine, but am somewhat less enthusiastic about teenagers seeing 'life' as what they do in between bouts of Street Fighter IV or Call of Duty VI...

No comments: