Friday 23 April 2010

Life...

Age brings responsibility, marriage brings more and then having kids takes it to a whole new level. At least I believe that's how it should be, and if that means having a suitable level of life insurance, taking steps to keep debt down to a manageable level or sacrificing your 'me' time for family time, then it's a small price to pay.
The adage: 'no-one ever says on their death-bed "I wish I had spent more time at the office" ' can equally be applied to many and various activities that we become engrossed in. Here are a few more things we won't be saying on that fateful day:
"I wish I had spent more time playing World of Wordcraft"
"I wish I had spent more on cigarettes, and less on investments for my family"
Instead, I can suggest some more likely last words:
"I wish I had shown them how much I love them...."

No comments: