Saturday 14 April 2007

Affiliates or Adsense?



Unlocking the earnings potential with Affiliates.


You get visitors to your blog and you hope that your targeted adsense will inspire your visitors to click on something that will earn you a few cents. My tip: There is a better way… Affiliates offer a list of potential advertisers with specific products to sell – they want you to post their URL and you can get commission on sales or paid per click depending on the scheme. The beauty of the system is that if your blog is targeted towards a particular market, you can find an advert which suits your demographic, thus ensuring some results.
For example, I saw a really good advertising opportunity for a blog or website which features mobile phones. This advertiser is offering to give away phones so is bound to attract attention! I believe the rewards for this scheme were something like $50 per visitor partaking in the ‘free’ offer. Now, each scheme will have it’s own requirements and reward scheme so it is difficult to discuss specific earnings. I tried this type of specific advertising on a website of my own a few months ago and forgot all about it, out of curiosity I checked back last week and I have personally earned $17.50 (payout at $50). I will be checking more regularly now and selecting some new affiliate programs to get involved with – I hope to be able to report increased earnings next time….
I have been using shareasale.com
And they provide a complete package service where I can browse a variety of offers from a wide range of categories, there are currently over 2000 offers to choose from.

Although I'll happily admit that the link above is a referral link, I genuinely believe that this type of promotion may be a good earning tool for the right type of blog. There are even those who have developed web sites BASED on this type of advertising.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey.. if you want to boost your blog rank.. make sure you join the Technorati Train ;)

http://www.everydayweekender.com/get-on-the-technorati-favorites-train/

Everyday Weekender

HK said...

Hey,

Care to exchange links with my Money Making Blog @ http://m2-blog.blogspot.com?

Or you can also write a review on my blog with only one condition to get a free back link. The condition is to link my blog in your post. It is that easy!

Thanks!

Philip,
http://m2-blog.blogspot.com

jay said...

Hi Philip
I will be happy to review your blog when there are some more posts on it.
I will post your URL here:
http://m2-blog.blogspot.com
- to help with your linking and leave a comment on your site..
Have you tried OurBlogReview.com ?
You can get a free link from them
Regards
Jay

hotdogman said...

Hey thanks for stopping by Bumpzee-sorry you're confused! There are a LOT of heavy hitter affiliate marketers on there!

jay said...

I'm easily confused - I still don't know how to use mybloglog