Tuesday 9 April 2013

Financial Year report 2012-2013

It's the end of the financial year, and I have finally caught up with my paperwork. True to expectations, this has been a disappointing year in terms of 'turnover'. Last year I turned over about £1500, this year was more like £1000. Last year I had outgoings of just £224, this year was almost £400. Actually, spending the money on stuff that I need for online work such as hardware and software is good use of earnings because I don't have to pay income tax on it. So it's not all bad especially as I have been able to use some of those earnings to refurbish my new office with work-related items.

March was one of my best months of the year with a total of £120, £100 of which was 'passive' income including a substantial affiliate payment and payment for contextual adverts over several sites.
So it's a 'profit' of just over £600 this year, but I have already bagged quite a few earning opportunities for April, so the new financial year should start with a bang.
I haven't done any cassette conversions for a few months, but am expecting one this week, added to that I have done some paid blogging work which should be profitable. There seems to be plenty of paid blogging opportunities around at the moment, so there is a chance to start pushing the new financial year in the right direction.

No comments: