Saturday 27 April 2013

Android Apps - World Clock



I got this when I was following international football games and wanted to know when games that were being played in local time would be played in my time zone. Primarily so I would be able to watch them on Peer-to-Peer websites.

The other use I have for this is to be able to check on the accuracy of the time on my android device. It is set to get the time from the network that it is connected to, but many a time I have noticed that the time is inaccurate  I'm not sure where this app gets it's timings from, but I have noticed that it can be slightly different to my android settings, so I presume that this app is actually reporting the accurate time.

You can load up several different time zones into this app so that you can keep track of a lot of different countries or cities at any one time. Not a world-beater in terms of clever all-singing all-dancing apps, but nice and simple, and most importantly, does what it says on the tin.

No comments: