Monday 8 April 2013

Android Apps - Lexathon



So far I have posted about some of the really useful free Android apps that I have downloaded, this post is about a game that I am fast becoming addicted to.. To be fair, it doesn't take much for me to get addicted to a game, but this one really challenges my brain.

Lexathon is a bit of a combination of the popular 'Nonagram' that you find in the back pages of newspapers and 'Boggle' the word game - You are given 9 letters, and you must  find as many words as possible that have at least four letters and contain the central letter of the puzzle. There is always at least one 9 letter word to find too. In this version of the game, each time you find a word, the duration of the game is extended.

Some nice features here are that you can see how many words are possible, and when your time runs out, the game shows you all the words that you could have included. On the downside, a lot of the words appear to be somewhat 'Americanized', but once you know that, you just have to play accordingly.... The range of possible words varies from just a handful to over a hundred, and my personal target is to get at least 50% every time I play (I probably achieve that goal about 90% of the time), and I have actually found all of the words at least once...

No comments: