Wednesday 16 April 2008

Wow it's Wednesday!

It's Wednesday already, where does all the time go? This week (in my 'real' work) I have been involved in a sales meeting for the last two days and I do feel a little like I have been in a time-warp. This feeling was not helped by the fact that we had our annual Christmas(!??) meal last night.....
I hate being in meetings because whilst I am in a meeting I can't get on with my day-to-day tasks, and tasks build up which must all be addressed as soon as I get out of the meeting...
This is a great reason to work for yourself - no meetings... When I 'work' at my online occupations, I don't need to have meetings to work out where I am going, I have those in my head when I take a long walk... Incidentally walking to work (assuming you live within about 5 miles of where you work...) is a great way to have a meeting with yourself. Whether it is to sort out how you will approach the days work, sort out your problems, or plan your domination of the internet - taking a walk and having a good old think is an excellent way to clarify your thinking. You can call all your operators to the meeting, your marketing manager, your workforce, your development team and your accountant - because they are all in your head anyway!

No comments: