Saturday 5 April 2008

Looking back on March 2008

All-in-all a much better month for blog earnings this month. Not quite the giddy heights that I have been able to reach in the past, but a fair return.
Actually, this is the third best month I have had and mostly due to earning $55 with a single opportunity.
In the main opportunities remain hard to come by and few PPP tasks have come my way. Sponsored reviews have been more active, one opp in particular turning into quite a bargaining match. My prospective sponsor offered me a much reduced fee, I countered with a new proposal, which was countered again before we finally settled on a figure (I'm glad I didn't settle for the first counter-offer).
New tactics must be sought and tried with the new blogging environment in which it is becoming harder to make cash with blog posts. I have already begun a new blog which when it is sufficiently 'aged' will hopefully be suited to an earnings niche. I am not ready to reveal it as yet, but will announce it properly when it is matured enough to make some earnings.
Here are my tips for doing something similar. Pick a niche that you know something about and with which you can enjoy writing/researching. Find a keyword-linked domain name. Start writing good content and register with all the paid post schemes and social blogging sites you can find. Alternatively buy an 'aged' domain (as long as you don't pay too much) and you may be able to sign up for some schemes straight away...
In case the spreadsheet makes no sense to you... I 'made' $93.18 in March, and got paid out $71.75 - The biggest individual earner for me last month was Creamaid.

No comments: