Thursday 10 April 2008

Fitted Bedrooms - I wish...

I am immersed in decorating at the moment, we have been decorating (and renovating) our house for the past twelve years so this is not a time-limited task in my long drawn-out experience.
The nice stage is the planning, but we don’t have much money available, so I have to get my hands dirty doing most of the work myself (hence the length of the task…). So far, in the twelve years I have re-wired the house, and gutted and rebuilt the dining room and my daughter’s bedroom, had a little go at the bathroom and got a professional in to do the kitchen. I am currently working on the hallway, stairs and landing, but am longing to get into the bedroom!!
Whilst getting lost in the current task, it is all to easy to dream about how you want the next project to work out, so now I am starting to think about how the ‘master’ bedroom should look. Like the kitchen, this is a room which has be done right so I have considered getting in an expert in bespoke fitted bedrooms which sounds very grand and reassuring…
I have visions of a beautiful wooden floor, simple but finely finished furniture with crisp linen and maybe topped off with a gorgeous sleigh-bed… I can dream, but wouldn’t it be great to get someone in while you were on holiday and come back to a brand new sumptuous bedroom?

No comments: