Thursday 17 April 2008

And now...

Well now, it's Thursday... so no big surprise there then. You may know that the Munny4Hunny experiment was all about paid blogging and whether money could genuinely be made from it. The obvious conclusion is that Yes you can, but lately it has been getting harder. That said, I have just signed up with a new service that has proved quite prolific since I got involved - I will blog about it once I've worked out if they have a referral scheme!! Suffice to say I have made $60 in 9 days with them and and quite happy that this month will yield a healthy balance as a result. That gives me still only a couple of active schemes since some resources seem to have almost dried up. The fluctuations in PR do not help and there appears to have been some movement, but none good that I can work our from what I hear from other bloggers - even John Chow has a PR 3 nowadays, looks like Google have the knives out for him, but I guess that is the best compliment that you could pay a blogger...
My findings have really revealed that if you are prepared to work at it, you could probably make a living doing paid blogging, but this would probably require a lot of hard work on multiple sites. If you ask me would I be able to maintain my current (non-internet) earnings via the internet if I were to lose my job, I would have to say that it would take most of my waking hours to be able to raise that sort of revenue... On the other hand, is it worth 'dabbling' at the current level of operation? then yes as long as it is enjoyable, then why not get paid for simply writing your thoughts and building new sites - and at the same time explore all sorts of avenues for passive earnings (the 'real' goal). Currently I earn about $100 in passive earnings from advertising of one sort or another (not from blogs) and this gives me a basis from which to fund other sites that I might want to build. Eventually, there is no reason why this income cannot grow to substantial levels.
The mission continues...

No comments: