Monday 4 February 2008

Monetising with 'Matched.co.uk'

Everyone is familiar with Adsense and how you can monetise a website with Google Adsense adverts. UK users will also be aware that Google is withdrawing their affiliate scheme for Adsense so that users can no longer earn from referrals. All is not lost however, I stumbled across a new scheme which is UK-based (and therefore pays in ££££) which provides simple non-contextual fixed ads for a fixed price.

matched.co.uk

Matched.co.uk provide HTML or PHP adverts of various sizes for insertion into a website or a blog and pay a fixed £3 ($6) for each advert. Currently I have five pages accepted giving earnings of £15 per month, you can submit up to 5 pages per website, and up to five websites giving total potential earnings of £75 per month ($150).
You will need to submit the URL's on which you wish to place adverts, and if the page is approved, you will be allocated an advert. This advert is available in various shapes and sizes although the colours are fixed. When you have chosen the shape that fits an available spot on your page, you get the advertising code to insert.
When the code is in place, your page will be spidered to check that the code is active and after the alloted time, you will be paid straight into your bank account.
I presume that this service is geared towards the UK, and I am not sure whether blogspot blogs are acceptable (be sure there will be an advert in my sidebar soon if they are), I don't know the criteria for accepting pages but I do know that I am happy to allocate 125 x 125px of any of my pages for £3 per month... and they pay £5 per sign up... to the new recruit as well as the referrer.

No comments: