Tuesday 5 June 2007

June 2007 activity

I haven't posted for a few days, and after doing 50 posts last month, I needed a little time to recharge my batteries and think out my strategy for this month.
My aim is to raise the profile of my blog so that it will be perfectly placed to gain further page rank points when they are next allocated. This will be done through a ‘manual’ process of link-exchanges, commenting and submitting my URL wherever I think it will help.
How will I gauge my success (or failure)?
It occurred to me that Technorati’s ‘authority’ ranking system would be a good measure, so I have set myself the task of doubling it. I currently have a lowly 23, so my target must be 46…
I have no idea when Technorati update the authority statistics, but I guess that will be one of the things that I can find out.
This month will find me commenting on as many blogs as I can find in the same genre, promoting my mini-banner offer wherever I can and doing reviews and review/link exchanges.
Wish me luck!

7 comments:

stratz said...

Hey mate the T ratings get updated every time your blog is updated. Were you able to complete the 500 word or less write up ?? That should boost you up a few spots. I will send you an email after the work tonigh tif I have time.. working the double so I may be too tired to. if not tomorrow.

stratz said...

Also leave comments on blogs that have the follow on and you get a link back for you post.

jay said...

Haven't found time to get the write up done...will attempt this PM (though there's a England soccer game...)
I kind of hoped that Technorati updated more or less immediately - that should make it easy to track progress.
Yeah commenting is one of my strategies...

J said...

England soccer game tonight? Is it Euro qualifying or another friendly. Canada is also playing tonight, opening match of the Gold Cup (CONCACAF championship).

jay said...

It's a qualifier against Estonia
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6716859.stm

Linky Love said...

Techorati updates the ranking once a day, but that's also my posting frequency, so stratz is probably right :-)

You can also use the links of the blogs that use "top commentators" yet when they remove the plugin or each month start from scratch, your link could vanish and your T authority goes down again (not the best strategy to use...)

jay said...

thanks for that - Greg gave me a link on his interview that got syndicated around stacks of blogs (scheme devised by JaKeldaily.com)
it instantly pushed my authority from 23 to 53!!