Thursday 23 September 2010

Getting the tasks done

There is little that is more satisfying than having a list of tasks and being able to tick them off one by one. I find that DIY tasks hang over me like a burden on my shoulders, being able to reduce the list of tasks lightens the load considerably.
For the last few weeks I have been working on preparing the walls to have the hall and landing of our home newly plastered. The house is getting on for 100 years old, so there is a considerable amount of preparation to be done. We had considered wall-papering the existing surface, but have decided to take everything back to the plaster and start again... Having just replaced one of the door surrounds upstairs (one of the critical tasks before the plasterer can come in), there are just a couple more preparation tasks to be done.
The great thing about having this done is that he will be in and out in a matter of 1 or maybe 2 days after which the whole house will feel like it has been transformed.
However, when one task is completed, there is always another to do, and the bathroom is the next major project in my sights. I have yet to price up baths, showers and pedestal sinks, but I am quite sure we can't afford to make an headway on this particular project as yet...

No comments: