Friday 19 March 2010

Keeping Discipline

Working for an online income is like running your own business on a small scale. As such, it pays to introduce businesslike planning and discipline into your online activities. My worst habit is taking my online earnings and spending them on eBay...!
My excuse is that my original aim was merely to make a little extra pocket-money, but now that I can see that my earnings could be used for significant life improving changes, I must learn to be more disciplined. You would not last long in business if you spent all the income on boys-toys and nick-nacks... and as there is every chance that the tax-man will want a chunk of my earnings, I will need to make sure sufficient funds are put by. Equally, it is important that investments for the long-term success of the business are made, and to that end, I have every intention to carry out my threat to get myself a great new hosting package before the end of next month.
The new package will be the launch-pad for any future projects that I may have, along with any of my existing projects that will be continuing into the future. I am hoping that the new hosting package will also give me the impetus to re-vamp some of my existing sites.

No comments: