Wednesday 24 March 2010

Do I need a car?

I still have a company car although it is arguable that I don't really need it now - I have a dilema in that I pay a considerable amount of tax for the car, but then I have no other motoring expenses (other than the fuel I use for private use).
I don't have to scout around for a better auto insurance quote every 12 months because the company insures it - I don't have to buy new tyres because the company pays. However I am caught between the tax savings and the actual costs of running a car (and shelling out to buy a car in the first place).
OK the car will be mine, but so will all the bills that go with it... In a way I would like the independence of having my personal wheels, but they won't be anywhere near as nice as the wheels I get from the company.

No comments: