Tuesday 3 November 2009

October Earnings


October has been a good month for earnings, I have had some new avenues to explore and had some bonus posts to do for PU2B which helped to take me well over the $100 mark for the month.
Much of this may be 'one-off' earnings, but hopefully the revenue stream will continue. In the meantime, my 'under wraps' SEO project continues to take up a little of my time, and is now starting to look certain to cover at least hosting charges if not return a small profit at the end of 12 months. I am happy that this project is hitting targets in terms of SERP gained (I am usually in the top three results for my keyword), and am managing to gather a steady stream of traffic. Not only that, but my visitors tend to stay on the site and visit several pages indicating that they are discovering useful information. In essence most of the site is completed, I just have one more area to develop, then next year I plan to buy an 'unlimited' hosting package so that I can repeat the project for similar keywords.
The site in question is monetised through Adsense and eBay affiliates in the main, but I probably won't be able to talk publicly about the actual keywords I am targeting until the rest of the project is in place.
I am looking at how I can streamline my operations a bit and thinking about getting rid of some domains in order to free up some commitments (blogging can be quite a time-consuming commitment) and realise some cash for other projects.

No comments: