Thursday 19 November 2009

Not much blogging going on


This month has seen a bit of a slow-down in blog-activity for me, but I have recently had a bit of a flurry of activity in my other online pursuits. This reinforces to me the need to have several 'strings' to your bow if you are serious about making money on the interenet. It seems as if activity in some areas can go through very barren patches. Even though visitor figures remain steady, direct enquiries, affiliate sales and contextual ad clicks can vary for no apparent reason.
One of the strings I have is a service that converts cassettes into CD's, and it seems like there is always a little more activity before Christmas, and then in the new year, it often goes deathly-quiet.
Affiliate sales aften appear on flurries too, I will sometimes get a batch of high-yeilding commissions, and then nothing at all for months on end. Annoyingly, after I got paid for my latest affiliate sales commission, my bank lost my cheque... Fortunately shareasale.com, my affiliate partner will re-issue the cheque (after 90 days), and I got the bank to compensate me for the loss...

No comments: