Monday 30 November 2009

Office Furniture


I recently completed a Health & Safety at Work course, and one of the first things we will need to do is to do workstation assessments with each employee. This assesment will take into account, the available light, the equipment used and the office furniture at each work station.
Posture can be critical where the wrong furniture or equipment is being used. For instance, I learned that an emplyee must not be alowed to work on a standard laptop computer if a significant portion of the day is spent doing computer-related tasks. It so happens that I use a PC most of the day, and normally have two laptops on my desk. I have now bought a separate keyboard and a laptop 'Elevator' which allows me to use the laptop at the correct height. I just need to get myself a new desk and then perhaps I should encourage my colleagues to get the proper equipment after all the course was not just meant to enhance my own working environment...

No comments: