Saturday 29 November 2008

Site Maintenance

Well I finally got around to removing my 'matched.co.uk' adverts today and also am happy to report that they did pay my November payment after all a couple of days after the closing down announcement. I worked out that in the short time I was signed up to them, they paid out £175 (couldn't guess what that is in dollars now...). In the current economic climate, we are better off with dollar-paying schemes than UK£ payouts at the moment. I had got used to accounting for all my £ earnings at a basic $2=£1 rate, this is no longer the case.

Of course, as I was converting all my earnings to £ anyway, I am now getting a much better rate for the US$ payouts. This is welcome news as I await a Adsense payout next month, which will be the fourth one in a 12 month period.
My next task must be to find all the 'matched' affiliate adverts and remove those, I will them try submitting new pages to the other fixed advets schemes that I use - you can see more about monetisation for websites on my 'livewyre.net' pages. The end of the month is drawing in, and my paid to blog activity has been low this month compared with last month and the earnings will no doubt reflect that.

No comments: