Friday 28 November 2008

Holiday plans

I find Christmas holidays a difficult time of year where the winding up of the years business meets the endless list of parties, gatherings and performances to be endured or enjoyed. Suffice to say I get somewhat stressed over how I am going to fit everything in. Life has been hectic enough in the last few months, add to that a host of dates to cram into the first three weeks of December along with all the regular commitments and the whole thing is enough to make you succumb to whatever bug is currently doing the rounds.

The good news is that I have a week of holidays left over (not that I can afford to go away - although that would get me out of a whole load of obligations!), in which I will be expected to do all the odd jobs around the house that have been building up. The bathroom light fixtures need some attention, the woodwork in the hallway needs replacing after we had new floor tiles - there are a million and one other little tasks, but I find setting a realistic target of just a couple of jobs allows me to relax in the knowledge that I have at least got some of these jobs cleared off my 'to-do' list before the New Year kicks in and the 'to do' list starts again...

No comments: