Saturday 25 October 2008

Good Blogging Advice

Although admittedly, not ALL my blog posts have exactly been from the heart... many may lack finesse and prose and even sincerity...nonetheless, I was interested to find that this is my 873rd ever blog post in a little under two years. In fact I have already completed two posts that will be published next week, so I guess you could say that this is my 875th... I have no idea how many of those were paid posts, although I do know how much I have made through paid posting in that time, and I may be prepared to expand on that at the end of 2008.

My point is though, after all this time I should have come a long way from those first tenuous forays into the world of blogging - my first blog was about my experiences building a website, and is geared towards websites, SEO and related topics. It wasn't 'til March 2007 that I started to get into the world of paid blogging with this blog.
My intention for this post was to give a few pointers from my experience of a little under 1.3 posts per day over two years... at this rate I should have completed 935 by the end of 2008.
So here's my ten blogging pointers:
  1. Unlike this blog, niche blogs get better traffic and can earn more from adsense.
  2. It is not easy to get on-topic paid blogging opportunities for niche blogs - although you may get some decent paying offers if you can get a decent PageRank.
  3. You may be throwing away your PageRank if Google detects paid posts or links.
  4. Leave lots of relevant comments on blogs operating in the same niche.
  5. Give your readers something good to read - opinion is fine, but how about helpful tips and useful links too?
  6. Make sure your blog is good to look at, but don't change the look too frequently.
  7. When starting a niche blog, make sure you pick a subject that interests you
  8. When starting a niche blog, if you are blogging for money, make sure that you choose a subject that can be well monetised.
  9. Resources are important for niche blogs, both physical and online magazines can be invaluable, but always do good research using several sources and write the article with your own angle.
  10. Finally if you write paid posts, make them fit your niche, often the client is just looking for the anchor text in the link, the rest of the post should be well written but does not have to read like an advert, try to keep it natural...
Well, I hope this is useful to someone, please feel free to leave your own tips in the comments.

No comments: