Friday 17 October 2008

Christmas Ideas

Thinking of buying me a present?... I thought not, but just in case you're struggling for ideas I love cooking even though I rarely have time to do much. I made pasta for the family today and would love to branch out into Spanish cooking if I had a paella pan. Paella is a traditional dish which varies from region to region but in it's finest form holds a whole host of absolutely amazing ingredients including shellfish and snails.
Having watched Paella being made in a huge pan, I am keen to have a go, but I have tasted snails before and I really would not recommend them. I am always keen to try something new and I will happily eat mussels or winkles, but believe me, snails are not in the same class. If you think of a snail as a slug with a shell, I can believe that snail actually tastes pretty much like I would expect slug to taste like... YEUUCH!!

No comments: