Wednesday 23 July 2008

Google Widgets

These are, in my humble opinion, one of the coolest things that Google offer. I was bowled over by them when I first came across them, and still love them today... I use a game widget at the bottom of my blog template, currently I am using 'bejeweled', previously I have used 'pacman' and 'invaders' - for some visitors, this is the most interesting thing on my blog...!
There are more widgets than you can shake a stick at covering all sorts of subjects and applications, and they are FREEEE for you to include in your blog or website, there are even versions that you can have on your desktop.
Check out the website gadgets here...
and the desktop ones here
Google are far and away the best providers of free software on the internet, even when you consider all the Linux applications and Mozilla software. What other provider gives you these plus a free blogging platform, free email and the best search engine in the business? (and that from a blogger with his PageRank removed...).

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have no idea these existed - they are great fun! I wasted far too much time playing bejeweled!! I will check them out for my site.