Wednesday 16 July 2008

Medical Information

The combination of medical research and the openness and vastness of the internet has led to a new way of life for many people. If I need to visit a doctor, I will often ‘google’ for my symptoms or whatever I think is wrong before going so that I know the right questions to ask. I would not recommend relying totally on the internet for answers to all medical problems, but the resource is impressive if you know how to use it.
You can read useful articles on mesothelioma if you know of someone affected by asbestos. Or for example, most recently I read an article about tinnitus which helped me enormously. I find that it always helps to listen to your doctor carefully and having an insight into your ailment before you visit helps to provide you with the right questions to ask and some useful back-ground information. If you are concerned, it is always a good idea to visit the doctor with a friend or relative. Having a second person present means that you can ask them what the doctor said as often we can miss important information, especially when we are worried.

No comments: