Wednesday 1 August 2007

July 2007 earnings

Paid posts were remarkable only by their absence this month - why was that?
Well, PPP opps were few and far between, the juicy ones are being snapped up too quickly at PR2 level. The opps that were available just didn't appeal to me - maybe I am getting picky?
I'm no longer prepared to do a dating advert for $5, so my standards must have risen, however my Paypal balance hasn't. Actually, it has ($70.69) but mostly through payments coming through for last months work... I did a couple of surveys and gained a few cents from advertising. The total earned this month was just $28.26 - shocking in comparison to my May total of $187, and even lower than the $62.28 I earned in June. I am really waiting for a better pagerank for better PPP opps - today I took a look at the kind of opps I could do if I had a better pagerank, and I think I could be motivated to partake in more paid posts if this dream is realised...roll on the new pagerank. I need to rise out of the ranks of the PR2 bloggers - no disrespect...
I wonder if I could make more by taking part in competitions, hopefully this month I will find out!

11 comments:

stratz said...

Which I am sure you will rise out of the PR2 Ranks soon.. The make money $$$$... By the way can you email me your stats for mmmtalk PV and if any clicks. I am interested to see how many impressions everyone is getting.

jay said...

OK

hotdogman said...

Hey-howzitgoin?

I am pulling over $100/month in adsense alone since May!

I agree about being picky about some of the PPP opps-but a whore is a whore any way you slice it.

Linky Love said...

I agree withhotdogman:once you become picky with a PR as low as 2 or zero, you loose...

But PR predictors say that me and you combined we will get a new PR of 9 Jay :-)

jay said...

Hey Hotdog man, how'you doin?? Good going on the adsense - I hope to increase mine with my new website coming soon...
Hey Linky, those PR predictors are fairly useless I think - I don't pin my hopes on them. Google are the ones with the power!
I have my eyes on a higher prize than what is on offer at PR2, it was interesting being a PR2, but enough is enough...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are doing great! Definitely keep me posted on how well you fare in the competitions. I have entered a few (and have a lot more to work on), so that I can try to increase my backlinks and web presence.

I'd love to exchange reviews with any bloggers out there that would like to get some exposure and feedback.

http://www.thepinkc.net

jay said...

hee hee - why don't YOU run a competition then??

Linky Love said...

Yeah and the winner's name should have a double LL :-)

Agreed pagerank predictors are mostly in an error range of 1.

A passive income like adsense beats this low PR grab every opp you can hard work.

jay said...

Gotta be passive income every time...
Pagerank predictors are often wayyyy out - after all, if they're not google they're just stabbing in the dark - it's meaningless in my view....
We shall see when we shall see, I hope the mighty google likes my blog and that the viral links will work their magic (though I have been very actively involved off-page too!!)

stratz said...

dam you now I have been getting picky and not taking much and now they seem to have dried up.. lol. Anyway Keep up the good work. How is bidvitiser working out for you what are there stats for them month?

jay said...

BDV is not a big earner for me