Friday 24 August 2007

Technorati Update

Looks like I just broke the 4oo mark on Tech Authority rating recently... I've been hovering at 397 for a while, so it was good to get the breakthrough. I think the latest viral scheme I have been involved in is moving a bit slower than previous examples, but seems nonetheless to be relentlessly pushing the authority to new heights.
View blog authority
I am convinced though, that the viral-linking schemes that have provided such a rapid 'non-organic' boost in my back-links (I had an authority of 23 in June...), have caused my pagerank to drop as a result.
I have not found any other instances of bloggers losing pagerank yet, so I appear to be unique.... also I have not heard of anyone actually GAINING pagerank either. I would love to hear whether anyone has experienced pagerank fluctuations - or has pagerank passed most of the blogging community by this time? Please comment....

6 comments:

hotdogman said...

My Technorati authority has gone from 20-something to 40 something in two or three months, not like the rapid rise on yours.

I have a PR 4 but I have no clue how that works!

jay said...

I am sure the all-too-rapid rise has counted against me. Nobody really knows how pagerank works, it's an ever-changing formula - but your high readership will definitely be a factor...
Your PR4 is well-deserved

sagun said...

sorry i don't understand the authority in techonarti. what is the significance and how to increase it.can u explain it to me.plz. sagunrai.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It's a measurement of back-links to your blog from other bloggers. There are currently 402 unique links to this site recognised by Technorati. Your 'authority' rises with each link

Linky Love said...

Hi Jay,

3 things Google doesn't like:

1. explaining how they rank things....
2. paid posts littering the search engines
3. hormones

Hope you get the idea :-)

jay said...

That explains your pagerank then...ha ha ha